The office is now located at 194 S. Main St.
FARMERS MARKET IS HERE!
The Vermontville Farmers Market is now OPEN Saturday mornings from 9-1. We have vendors selling plants, handmade crafts, jewelry, bake goods, popcorn for popping, honey and fresh herbs. We will have more vendors as the produce becomes available usually the first week of June. For questions or to become a vendor please contact Becky at 517-726-1429 or 269-908-8458.
Eaton and Barry county have recycling and hazardous waste clean up days this summer please click the link for full details. The Barry county clean up is available to anyone in the State of Michigan and they are accepting tires. Recycling opportunities
Eaton County Survey
The Village of Vermontville is seeking to fill 1 Zoning Board of Appeals seat, 2 ZBA alternates, and 2 Planning commission alternate seats. All residents of the Village of Vermontville are eligible for these positions. There will be a training available June 17 at the community center. pre-registration is required. ZBA workshop registration
If you are interested please submit a letter of intent to the village office by email to email@example.com or mailed to PO Box K, Vermontville, MI, 49096. Letters can also be left at the Village office during business hours. We will be accepting letters until the positions are filled.
The Village of Vermontville is excited to announce we have been awarded $362,300 from the DNR Spark grant to revitalize the Downtown Park!
The improvements will include a large play structure, an ADA compliant restroom with flush toilet, sink and hand dryer. The outside will have an ADA compliant drinking fountain with a pet bowl and water bottle refill station. The pavilion with receive a sound system for events.
The link below includes pictures of the proposed project actual equipment design will be subject to availability when the project goes to bid.
Spark Grant proposed project
A big Thank you to everyone involved in preparing and completing this project so far. We could not have done it without the letters of support from local business and community partners. Thank you to the Lions Club for their donation of $1000.00 towards this project. We will update the website as the project unfolds. We expect the project to be complete by 2026.
Other projects to looks for in 2023 – 2024 include resurfacing of North Main, East Main, West Main and crack seal on South Main from Fifth St to the Village limits. This was made possible by a grant from the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT)
Water Tower Demolition Video.mp4
VILLAGE OF VERMONTVILLE has been recognized for all the efforts we have made to provide safe drinking water to the Community!
to read what was presented please click the link ….. Narrative
Vermontville Food Pantry is located at the Community Center 108 N Main ST. The food is available 24 hrs a day. Just slide open the window next to the main entrance on E. Main St and take what you need free of charge. The food is rotated regularly and new items are added as they come available. If you wish to donate food please drop it off at the Village office during business hours Mon-Thurs 9-5. for after hours drop off please contact Becky Austin at 269-908-8458 or Michelle Whitman at 517-652-1498.
Check back for continued updates
- For recent Village of Vermontville news please click here.
- For community resources click here.
- For information on reserving the Vermontville Community Center please call the office at 517-726-1429 or Vermontville Community Center
- The Village council will meet in person at the Community Center, 108 N Main St, Vermontville , MI 49096, the second Thursday of every month. If you would like to attend door opens a half hour before the meeting is set to start. Public comment is available at the beginning and the end of the meeting. Click the link for the most up to date meeting procedures Vermontville Rules of Procedure 2023 We will update this if anything changes. You can find agendas and minutes under the Village Council tab >council meetings. For additional information or extra assistance call 517-726-1429 or 269-908-8458
- Flushing Your Home_ How to Flush an Entire House Plumbing System
- SRF Wastewater System Improvement Project
- Any person or persons requiring accommodations should contact the Village Clerk at 517-726-1429. The Village of Vermontville has adopted policies of non-discrimination and complies with all federal, state and local laws of the American with Disabilities Act. DDT #711.