Tuesday November 10, 2020 The Planning Commission will be conducting a site plan review for Chassy Lane. If you would like to attend the meeting please call 425-436-6389 access code 770753.
VILLAGE OF VERMONTVILLE
COUNTY OF EATON, MICHIGAN
PUBLIC HEARING ON BUDGET FOR 2021 FISCAL YEAR
PUBLIC NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that on November 12, 2020, at 6:30 p.m., or shortly thereafter, the Village Council of the Village of Vermontville will hold a public hearing to hear and consider comments regarding the proposed Village budget for the January 1, 2021 through December 31, 2021 fiscal year. A copy of the budget is available for public inspection at the Vermontville Village Office, 194 S. Main Street, Vermontville, MI 49096.
The property tax millage rate proposed to be levied to support the proposed budget will be a subject of this hearing.
This notice is given pursuant to Act 43 of the Public Acts of Michigan of 1963 (Second Extra Session), as amended.
PUBLIC NOTICE is further provided that, in order to comply with recommended guidance from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Michigan Department of Health and Human Services guidance, and in an effort to reduce the likelihood of spreading the Coronavirus (Covid-19), the Village Council will conduct the November 12, 2020 public hearing on the budget and the Village Council’s regular meeting via telephone conference call.
The public may participate in the November 12, 2020 Village Council meeting via telephone conference call by dialing: (425) 436-6389; Access code: 770753.
Alternatively, to participate in the meeting by providing written public comment, you may email your public comment to the following email address: email@example.com. Emails received prior to 5:00 p.m. on November 12, 2020 at the above-listed address will be read aloud during public comment.
Persons with disabilities may participate in the meeting and are asked to contact the Village Council (via telephone 517-726-1429 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 12, 2020 at 3:00 p.m. to make arrangements for participation. In all other respects, the November 12, 2020 Village Council meeting will be held in accordance with Michigan’s Open Meetings Act.
Email addresses for Village Council officials to allow members of the public to provide input or ask questions on any business that will come before the Village Council at the audio conference call virtual meeting are listed below:
Jsheridan59@gmail.com Jason Sheridan, President
email@example.com Ira Flowers, Pro- Tempore
firstname.lastname@example.org Gary Goris, Trustee
email@example.com Sandy Hosey, Trustee
firstname.lastname@example.org Kimberlee Kenyon, Trustee
N/A Sue Villanueva, Trustee
This notice was posted at the Village’s office on November 2, 2020 at approximately 5p.m. and on the Village’s website, https://vermontville-mi.gov/, on November 2, 2020 at approximately 5 p.m. The meeting agenda for the November 12, 2020 meeting was posted on the Village’s website at 9 a.m. and may be found at: https://vermontville-mi.gov/
Dated: November 2, 2020
VILLAGE COUNCIL OF THE VILLAGE OF VERMONTVILLE
- LEAF PICK UP HAS BEEN DELAYED UNTIL OCTOBER 27TH.
- Vermontville Zoning Board of Appeals has an open seat. You can submit a letter of intent to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is available for all Village Residents. For more information call the office at 517-726-1429.
- Case Credit Union is now re-opened. Mon 9-2, Wed 12-5 and Fri 12-5.
- DUE TO COVID-19: The Village of Vermontville would like to encourage everyone to continue to use the best social distancing practices you can. Remember to wear a mask in public if medically possible, wash your hands often and use hand sanitizer every time you leave a place other than your home. Follow the link for additional recommendations from the MDHHS https://www.michigan.gov/documents/coronavirus/MDHHS_epidemic_order_-_Gatherings_masks_bars_sports_-_FINAL_704287_7.pdf.
- The Village council will meet using a hybrid option of in person and virtual for the remainder of the year. We still offer the Conference Call option for anyone who prefers to meet remotely. Please dial 425-436-6389. Then enter access code: 770753. Please identify yourself when you are added to the conversation and please follow all meeting procedures. We will update this if anything changes. We will provide video chat links for meetings as they come available. You can find them under the Village Council tab >council meetings. For additional information or extra assistance call 517-726-1429 or 269-908-8458
- Flushing Your Home_ How to Flush an Entire House Plumbing System
- For recent Village of Vermontville news please click here.
- For community resources click here.
- For information on the Vermontville Maple Syrup Festival (Last Full weekend in April) click here.
- For information on reserving the Public Square Park Pavilion click here.
- For information on reserving the Vermontville Community Center please call the office at 517-726-1429.
- SRF Wastewater System Improvement Project